Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Monday, January 8, 2007

More Movies

How many movies did I watch this week? Let me count the ways. Sunday night I watched "Cold Case" and "Without A Trace" on broadcast TV.

Saturday night Anne and I went to see "Children of Men" with Clive Owen and Michael Caine. I wasn't sure I had that name right, so I went and checked and it is correct. Clive's last name is the same as that annoying (relatively) new comedian Wilson's first name. Ross really liked this movie. It was certainly realistically gritty. I don't know if I would have enjoyed it or not, my bladder was giving me trouble.

We came home and watched "District 13" in French with English subtitles. The default setting is dubbed English. I like the original language better. You lose a lot with dubbing. One or two of the subtitles were on the screen for such a short time that I did not have time to read them. There is a chase sequence at the start of the movie that rivals the opening sequence from the lastest "James Bond" movie.

Friday night we watched "Snakes on a Plane" with Samuel L. Jackson. It was all I expected it to be, which wasn't much. Some of it was ridiculous, some of it was creepy, some of it was unpleasant. Mostly it was stupid, but some of it was funny.

Last week sometime I watched "A Scanner Darkly" with Keanu Reeves. Robert Downey Jr. plays an amazing babbler. At first glance it looks animated, but then I realized it was filmed and then treated somehow to make it look animated. It was tolerable.

Most all of these movies were very dark tales about forces that are affecting our society, but Samuel L. Jackson swears and shoots his gun and everything turns out all right.

Monday night I took the John and Kathryn to see "Happily Never After", which had some good clips on the TV ads, but turned out to pretty dull. An attempt to give us a different take on Cinderella, but ends up being pretty much the same. Pretty girl stumbles around but ends up living happily ever after.

No comments: