Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Friday, February 23, 2007

Visual Tricks

John and his friends took their project to the science fair Wednesday. It was originally going to be held in the Liberty High School gymnasium, but there was some conflict so it was held at the Intel Jones Farm Conference Center. After the public viewing sessions (45 minutes, long enough to see maybe five percent of what was there) they break down their display and take it out to the car. We are walking out in the parking lot towards the new car we just bought on Monday. I know exactly where it is parked, but I cannot see it. I do not recognize it until we are 20 feet from it. It is in plain view. My brain has not yet been programmed to recognize this car.

Last night we watched CSI and Shark, one after the other, on TV. In the early part of Shark they find a black girl dead in a hotel room. A little while later they find a white girl dead in a field. "Somebody moved the body" they say. What!?!?! What are they talking about? Two different bodies, two different murders. I make a fuss, my wife tells me to hush. Come commercial time she straightens me out. The dead girl in the hotel was the same one, a white one, not black. The only thing I can figure is: There was a dead black girl in the CSI episode we watched just before this Shark show, and I got the images cross filed in my brain.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Time to get a TiVo. If you really care about what you watch on TV, you need the ability to do instant, and not so instant, replays, at your discretion. TiVo.

Chuck Pergiel said...

I did get a Tivo, and I still have it. I don't get to use it though. I bought it, set it up, and programmed it. Then my kids came in and programmed their selections right over the top of mine, so no more Tivo for me. Yes, I could buy another one, but I have reached the limit on how many subscriptions I am willing to pay for. And do I really care about what I watch on TV? Well, no. I enjoy some shows, but if TV went away, well no big loss.