Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Thursday, June 28, 2007

Criminal Credit Card Behavior

About once a week I receive in the mail an advertisement from a credit card company. This envelope often contains three preprinted checks that I can use to draw on my credit account. I inevitably shred them.

But why should I have to shred these papers? I did not ask for them. I shred them to protect myself from the inconvenience and hassle I would encounter if someone else managed to incur charges on my account.

I am tired of hearing about identity theft. If credit card companies continue to behave in irresponsible ways, they should be carrying the burden of responsibility for misuse of their documents. Maybe that will discourage them from their current irresponsible behavior.

No comments: