Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Saturday, June 16, 2007

Fairfield, Iowa

My brother Andy has been living in Fairfield, Iowa, off and on for several years now. You are probably thinking, like I did when I first heard of it, where? Why? But it's a bit like when you buy a new car. You never noticed them before, but now you see them everywhere. So it is with me and Fairfield. Just today I came across a street in Hillsboro named after this town.

Yesterday Andy called to tell me about the town's real claim to fame, one that even I, a knower of many things, was unaware of: The Dodge Power Wagon Festival! A power wagon, in case you don't know, is a four wheel drive truck built by Dodge. Big deal, until you see how ugly they are, and then, just maybe, you might begin to understand their appeal. To coincide with the festival, a local art gallery is having a show. Andy took son Nick to the show where they met the last living survivor of the “The Legendary Dodge Truck and the Arabian Expedition” who autographed a book for Nick, with the inscription, because Nick confessed his love for firearms, "don't shoot yourself in the foot". The leader of this expedition was the model for the movie character "Indiana Jones".

No comments: