Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Monday, November 12, 2007

Google Books

I picked up a copy of "Balzac and the little Chinese seamstress" at Post Hip in Multnomah Village today for two dollars. I have been playing with Google Books lately, seeing what it can do and if it is going to work for me. I ran into a couple of problems today that I was not too happy about.

I entered the ISBN number of the book and it pulled it up, but it did not find an image of the cover, which is no big deal, but I could not find a way to load my own image. Admittedly, it was not my image, but one I got from the Barnes & Noble website. Still.

The other issue I had was that I wrote up a review of another book and there was no spell checker, and when I saved it, it eliminated my paragraphs and ran all the text together. Still no big deal, but these are not encouraging signs.

No comments: