Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Saturday, January 5, 2008

Movie: "Shoot 'Em Up"


Shoot 'Em Up Official Trailer
NewLine

Recently released DVD. Looks like a thriller starring Clive Owen, the tall grim faced Brit of numerous other action/thrillers. I enjoy his films. This was not your typical thriller, and if I had read the blurbs on the cover I would have realized it was a comedy. It was hilarious. It is nominally a thriller, but it is just so over-the-top that it is funny. Clive, a.k.a. "Mr. Smith" shoots at least a hundred bad guys without ever getting shot himself. There is a very evil plot afoot, but towards the end of the movie, it is supplanted with an even more devious plot, so devious in fact that I have no idea what it was, but that does not keep them from killing a couple dozen more bad guys. It is like every thriller I have ever seen, but every plot device is carried beyond extreme into the ridiculous. It was great!

Update August 2021 added trailer video.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I saw "Shoot 'Em Up" at the Laurelhurst a while back - or I should say I saw a most of it. This was the first movie that I ever walked out of and got my money back. Though I like how I thought "Shoot 'Em Up" was hands down awful, and you thought it was hilarious. Hehehe...