Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Friday, May 9, 2008

Do you really want to know?

I was reading an article in The New Yorker this evening and I came across this: ". . . the puzzling phenomenon of soldiers in Iraq who survive a bomb blast only to die a few days later of a stroke." This was the first I had heard of this, which is not surprising since there is no bandwidth left after the news media get done reporting on Hillary and Obama and the latest celebrity escapade. I guess I'm just not tuned into the right channels.

I have heard that the number of severely injured (maimed, disfigured, crippled) soldiers is way up, mostly due to improved medical techniques in the field. If it weren't for these techniques the death toll would be much higher.

I did not finish reading The New Yorker article, it was too long winded for me. Maybe later.

Update December 2016 replaced missing picture.

No comments: