Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Wake Up Dense

I am trying to print some PDF's this morning and I look over the results and I notice that the dates along the left hand margin have been clipped so you cannot really tell what they are. So I pull up the document again and go to the print menu and look for scaling. Well, that's the problem, it's set to "None", so let's go to print to fit. Oh, what's this? We have "Print to Fit" and "Reduce to Fit". What? Why do we have two? What's the bloody difference? There is no help on the screen, so I do a quick search on Google, and it turns out there is a difference. It is in the way they treat pages that are smaller than the available area. "Print to Fit" will expand these small pages, whereas "Reduce to Print" will not. They will both shrink large pages to fit within the margins, so in this case either one would have worked.

No comments: