Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Friday, July 18, 2008

Change of State of Mind



I took my son John shooting this afternoon. He has been wanting to go for several weeks, but there was always some distraction that kept it from happening. He is also learning to drive, and I have been spending an hour a day this week with him driving my pickup. There was a City Club Forum in downtown Portland that I was planning on attending today as well, but I could not get out of bed. I didn't get up till two this afternoon. It was almost like I was sick, I was just dragging so bad. But except for being tired, I did not really have any other symptoms. So I blew off the Forum, took a shower, and sat down with John to go through my munitions to see what kind of mayhem we wanted to unleash. It has been a while since the last time we went shooting, so it took us about an hour to sort through it all and pack it up. We didn't actually get on the road till four. We drove out past Timber and on towards Cochran till we came to the washed out bridge, except it wasn't a bridge, it was one of those places where they put a culvert in the stream bed and then build an earthen dam over it to support the road. I imagine there is a name for this sort of thing, but it escapes me at the moment. Anyway, it got washed out, probably a couple of years ago and hasn't been replaced. It is probably 30 feet from the road surface down to the creek bed. Parts of the metal culvert are still there. It will take a bunch of dirt to fix this.

Anyway, I wonder if it was just having to shift mental gears from Science/Politics/Looking for a Job to Driving and Firearms Instruction that caused me to be so tired. I even took a short nap when we got home.

The photo is from a year and a half ago when it first happened.

Update December 2016 replaced missing picture.

No comments: