Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Movie: "In Bruges"


I had overheard someone reading a review that recommended this movie, and it looked like some kind of screwed up crime caper, so I picked up a copy at the rental shop a couple of days ago. Finally sat down to watch it last night. Can't say as I was impressed. The first 30 minutes dragged so bad I was ready to pack it in, but my wife said lets give it a few more. We ended up watching it to the end, so I guess it did pick up a bit. But it wasn't very entertaining. There were some action bits, some very violent & gruesome bits, some funny bits, and there were some sexy bits, but the overall tone was pretty miserable. Most of the characters were unpleasant in one way or another, rude, mostly. The only good character was the fat man (Brendan Gleeson). He manages a bit of heroics. Well, no, not the only one. The pregnant hotel owner managed to put a couple of gunmen in their place.

No comments: