Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Online Storage Space


I am starting to need some online storage space.
  • My daughter has more photos that will fit in the free space that Picasa gives you.
  • I found a place that offers free file storage, but if you don't use it for 30 days, it goes away.
  • gmail won't let me mail executable files.
  • I'm looking for a host for podcasting.
Some places offer reasonable prices for storage. I think Picasa wants $20 a year. I found a podcast host that will charge $5 a month.

Any suggestions?

A word about the picture. I was looking for a cool hi-tech shot of a server farm, but I wasn't finding anything I liked. Then I saw a picture of this grotesque head, and I thought THAT might be suitable. But when I pulled up the pic, it was just a little too gruesome for my taste. (It was a picture of Beowulf from the most recent animated/live action film version of that story). Then I realize that this picture reminds me of some of the sculpture of the ancient Aztecs, all gruesome and dismembering kind of stuff. But when I looked, I could not find anything remotely like what I was looking for. But now it's late and I need to move on, so we have a picture of Coatlicue.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those of you who are still using xdrive, read this:

http://www.backupreview.info/2008/07/31/online-backup-for-small-and-medium-nonprofits/

Ruby Badcoe said...

For me, Picasa is a great online storage space for photos. So, if you do have a lot of files that need online storage, then I would suggest looking for a service that is trustworthy and reliable. Actually, there are so many free services to choose from but a free service has limits.

Chuck Pergiel said...

Ruby: your link didn't work. Yes, I realize that technically it's spam, but at least it's relevant spam. It might even aspire to the level of bacon. As for storage I use Google and Picasa. Google+ screwed up Picasa, but I was able to resign from Google+ and Picasa's original behavior was restored.