Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Thursday, December 25, 2008

Eat To Sleep


Everywhere I go I see fat people. I'm not talking a little overweight, I'm talking FAT, like three, four, even five hundred pounds. And every time I see one I think to myself: "how could let themselves get like that? Why don't they do something about it?". And then I look at myself. I am maybe 50 pounds overweight, and I can't seem to do anything about it. Pretty said state of affairs. Can't really say anything now, can you chubby?

So here we go with yet another theory about why people, especially me, are overweight. I fall asleep easier with a full stomach. After a large lunch, there is nothing better than a nap. Twenty minutes is supposed to be enough, but if I didn't get enough sleep the night before (which often happens) and there is nothing pressing to do (which often happens when you are unemployed) it can easily turn into two hours. Come bedtime (which is supposed to be ten or eleven, but lately has been more like one or two), I find it easier to go to sleep if I have a full stomach. I suppose if the stomach is full, more blood gets diverted to the stomach, which leaves less for the brain, so you become calmer and sleep comes easier.

It takes a small chunk of food to keep my weight up. It takes 2700 calories to maintain my weight. If I weighed 200 pounds it would only take 2400 calories. So I must be consuming an extra 300 calories a day, or one cheese sandwich, light on the cheese.

Update December 2010. Just noticed that the picture had vanished. I went looking for a replacement, but all I found were pictures of grilled cheese sandwiches, which is not the same thing as a plain cheese sandwich, except for this line drawing, and even it is labeled as a grilled cheese sandwich, though I don't think it portrays the grilled part very well. Sheesh.

Update November 2015. Replaced the picture again. The previous picture exists, but the site moved it, so they obviously can't be trusted.

No comments: