Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Thursday, December 4, 2008

Feeling Alright

I had not been feeling too good the last few days. Tired, sleeping a lot, not getting much of anything done. Getting a little pain in my sinuses, but no other symptoms. No runny nose, no congestion, no cough, no aches and pains. Just tired, and my mind was pretty worthless as well. All I did over the weekend was play stupid computer games (Spider Solitaire, Minesweeper, Mahjongg, and "Wei-Hwa's Series of Tubes"). Because this seems to happen to me for a couple of days every couple of months, I thought I would plot my activity level and see if anything showed up. So I counted the number of posts I had made on this blog each day for the last two months, put the data in a Google spreadsheet, and then fed the data to the chart maker. For my first attempt I used the line graph style, but it really didn't seem to reveal anything.



So then I tried a bar chart. I think this illustrates the data much better.



Note that the date order is backwards, just like a blog. Latest date is on the left, earliest is on the right. I think it is pretty obvious that I was much more energetic last month than this.

Yesterday I went to see my allergist and he says: "You have an acute ear infection. Here, eat these antibiotics." Today I am feeling much better, whether it is because the pills are already having an effect, or because I now have identified the culprit, it is hard to say.

Joe Cocker - Feelin Alright

Update June 2014: The video clip disappeared from YouTube so I replaced it. This one has no video, just a single still image, but it sounds alright.
Update September 2015: The video disappeared again, so I replaced it again.
Update December 2016 replaced missing graphs.

No comments: