Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Friday, December 26, 2008

How do you add a caption to a picture?


Blood Simple
We're talking about Picasa here, Google's wonderful digital photo program. Sorry, that was a little sarcastic. I don't know if Picasa is wonderful or not. I use it, it seems to work okay. There are some things I don't like, and it's taken some getting used to, it doesn't work like I expect it to, and I am not sure just what it is doing, but so far so good. The biggest hurdle was picking Picasa over Canon, HP and everyone else's photo program. I don't know if it is any better than any of the others, but I use a bunch of Google stuff, so I figured I would just stick with Google until I have a reason not to.

So just how do you add a caption to a picture? It's easy, just point and click! Except nothing happens. What's going on? OH, NOW I SEE. It only works for WEB albums. Thanks a lot, gumballs. I am sure the web version is very wonderful, but I don't always use it. Sometimes, I am just messing with photos on my computer. If a particular feature only works on the web version, or on the desktop version, if would be really nice if you could point that out. Bah.

(Update: I think the picture is here because it happened to be the picture I was working with when I ran into this captioning problem.)

The picture is from a scene in "Blood Simple" by the Coen Brothers, who have brought us a number of wonderful films. I picked up this picture because it shows the gun that was used throughout the movie. It is a top break revolver, which is kind of unusual. Most modern revolvers have swing out cylinders because it makes for a stronger frame. The Webely 455 from WWI was probably the most famous top break revolver, but it was a monster compared to this little jewel. I think this is probably a copy of an old Smith & Wesson Model 3.

Update December 2016 replaced missing picture and adding a brief explanation to connect first and last parts of the post.

No comments: