Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Truck Dream

My pickup truck is parked crosswise in an alley on a moderately steep hill. The alley is paved with concrete. Is is well worn, not new. It runs through a residential neighborhood. The alley is not hemmed in by buildings or fences, but there are cars parked along the sides. It is wet out, like it has been raining, but no ice or snow. Typical Portland conditions. The tires on the truck are the same size as it actually has, but they have treads like a farm tractor. I get in the truck with my wife. I am sitting on the downhill side. As soon as I get in and close the door, the truck starts sliding sideways down the hill and down the alley. I am panicking. The hill and the alley are very long and there does not seem to be anything we can do about it. I guess this more of a nightmare than a dream. I do not think about starting the engine. We try using body English to try and shift the truck one way or another but it has no effect, the truck continues to slide sideways. I am afraid that the truck is going to flip over or smash into something, but nothing like that happens, we just continue to slide until we get to the bottom and we come to stop. Now I drive the truck out of the alley and we stop and get out and are tremendously relieved that nothing bad happened during all this.


Original Portland Snow Car Crashes 2007

Update December 2016 replaced missing video. I think I got the right one.

No comments: