Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Saturday, December 13, 2008

What do you do with an old computer?

It's not that old really. A couple of years maybe. Hardly even used. Put together out of odds and ends left over from my youngest son's forray into "building the ultimate gaming machine". I was going to try and roll-my-own DVR using this machine, and I had it sort of working at one point. Eventually it got pushed aside by a Motorola DVR from Verizon and it's been sitting, neglected and alone for about a year. A few weeks ago I pulled it out to see if I could sell it. At that point it worked, but it didn't sell. Now I am trying to figure out what to do with it. So what have we got?
  • Fancy black aluminum case
  • Motherboard
  • AGP graphics card
  • Power supply
  • hard disk drive
  • Hauppague TV Tuner card
  • Microsoft infrerad TV Remote control and receiver.
I would like to think all this is worth $100 and maybe it is.

No comments: