Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Monday, March 2, 2009

Close Call

It must be the stupid mirrors. Either that or I'm getting old and decrepit. That cannot be the case, so it must be the mirrors.

I stopped at the intersection where the side road joins the main road. I looked both ways, then I pull out to turn left onto the main road. Halfway into the intersection I must have seen something out of the corner of my eye because I stopped short and watched a white Crown Victoria slide past me about a foot away from the right front corner of my truck and going 35 MPH. Geez, that was close.

My son John tells me the other driver apparently did not even notice us. This is the second time this has happened in the last couple of months. I need to get those mirrors replaced.

I was just looking at some motor vehicle accident animations/reconstructions last night on the web, too. Some were minor, some were horrendous. This incident this afternoon could have been really bad. The animations were done by the same company that did the video of the airliner landing on the Hudson river that I posted here a day or so ago.

No comments: