Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Monday, March 30, 2009

Greed & Mother's


Last week the kids were home on spring break. I made a trip to the grocery store to pick up few things and my oldest son asked me to pick up some cookies, Mother's Iced Oatmeal cookies, to be specific. Sure, I can do that. Except when I got to the store there were no Mother's cookies. None. Oh, well, here's another brand. Maybe they just changed vendors, or made a new marketing alliance, or something. Who knows how decisions like this are made?

But then my son sends me a link to story that tells what happened to Mother's Cookies. A story of greed and stupidity that just boggles the imagination. Mother's was a going concern, but then it was sold, and sold again. It changed four times since 1991, was relocated to different parts of the continent and it finally went bankrupt. Someone is trying to pick up the pieces, and they may be able to resurrect the company.

I don't know what actually happened, but I smell a whole pack of greedy, lying rats.

2 comments:

Pothead said...

As a student of quantum mechanics, you must know that there is a universe somewhere where Mother's Cookies exist and you are enjoying them right now. Courage. Also, I went to high school with a Charles Pergiel who might have written something like this. (Utica High School, class of '69) If you might be that person and would want to admit to having gone to this school, I would like to have some conversation with you. If not, just say "naDevvo' yIghoS" ("Go away" in Klingon).

Chuck Pergiel said...

Yea, verily, that is me. You can email me at:

c dot pergiel at gmail dot com