Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Sunday, March 1, 2009

Why So Serious?

Carolyn Hax, one of the new Dear Abby/Ann Landers breed of columnists said something that hit pretty close to home.
... I would guess that 1. you equate minor conflict (your sister's disappointment) with major pain (train wreck), and 2. you think you can prevent the pain.
I suspect I do this with family, or maybe just with my finances. I need to pay more attention to the big issues (potential train wrecks) and not so much to the minor complaints. But, geez, I sure hate the whining, not that anybody in my family ever whines.

The Carolyn Hax links go to the Washington Post, and they require registration to gain access. Her column shows up on the same page as the Jumble on Sunday's.

No comments: