Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Sunday, April 5, 2009

Forty Years

I got a note this week from a woman I went to high school with back in Ohio 40 years ago. It seems that she and her buddies are cooking up a reunion. When I left Utica, I thought I would never go back. I really did not like high school. But now, after hearing some of the names of people I went to school with I am thinking I might go. I mean it's been 40 years. Some of the anger and resentment should have worn off by now. Some of the people I remember clearly, for one reason of another. Some of them I didn't remember until I heard the name, and some of them, well, the name sounds awfully familiar but I don't really remember the person.

I imagine Granville High will be holding a reunion as well. I knew a bunch of people from Granville as well. It was closer to my house than Utica was. If the dates are anywhere close I might be able to go to both.

Getting there will be a bit of problem. It's 2500 miles by car, which would amount to 5 days of driving and $200+ for gas, times two. Or for a similar sum of money and a day of misery, I could fly. I just hate flying, but I don't think I really want to drive all that way. Arrrg.

No comments: