Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Sunday, April 19, 2009

Spiders


I woke up yesterday morning with about ten little spider bites. They were all on my right side within about a foot of my hip bone. I didn't even notice them until I got in the shower. I will get a spider bite occasionally, maybe once every year or two, and it's usually in bed, but I seldom get so many all at once. So what prompted this attack? Friday was laundry day, so my pajamas went in the wash, but when it came time to go to bed, I put on a T-shirt that I wore once about a week ago. Aha! Evidently enough of me rubbed off on the shirt to provide food for some microscopic critters. The shirt was left undisturbed for a week and a spider moved in to these happy hunting grounds.

Unlike my wife and daughter, I like spiders, and this episode hasn't changed my opinion. I think it might be because they are predators, and as such exhibit a little more intelligence than the average bug. They are kind of like cats in that they keep the vermin population in check.

The picture is of a jumping spider, similar to one I saw on a door frame yesterday. I chased him into a dark corner where he wouldn't scare the girls.

No comments: