Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Washing Dishes

I have an aversion to washing dishes. I will clear the table, put things away in the fridge, even rinse off dishes and stack them next to the sink, but I will put off actually loading the dishes in the dishwasher and hand washing the stuff that needs it for as long as possible. If I'm lucky someone else will do it.

At first I thought I had an aversion to soap and hot water. I got my hand burned with hot water a year or so ago and I thought that might have something to do with it. But then it came to me the other day while I was actually doing the dishes, this great big pain in my back from bending over to reach the stuff in the bottom of the sink.

Bending over to pick up something and then straightening back up doesn't bother me, but standing stooped over for even a few minutes quickly becomes painful. If the counter top (and the sink bottom) were six inches higher it probably would not be such a problem. Or if I did this three times a day. So that's why women do the dishes: they are shorter. They counter height is just right for them. Call it the revelation of the day. I hope my wife doesn't read this.

No comments: