Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Saturday, May 30, 2009

Automobile Manufacturers & Dealers



American auto manufacturers are having some financial problems these days. A common complaint about American cars has been their poor quality, especially as compared to Japanese imports.

I wonder if maybe a bigger part of the problem is the dealers. For a long time there has been a current of distrust of automobile salesmen, and it seems to me that it applies mostly to salesmen working at dealers of the the Big 3 (Ford, General Motors, and Chrysler).

On the other hand, when we bought our Mitsubishi (a Japanese make), we had to deal with the worst kind of salesman, just like the ones I dealt with at the Dodge dealer when I bought my truck.

Dustbury writes that there is more than one party interested in acquiring Saturn
from the going-down-in-flames General Motors. Saturn was supposed to be a "different" kind of car company. I wonder if their salesmen are any better.

Buying a car should not be a hassle. You shouldn't have to listen to hours of blather designed to wear you down so you will pay an extra $200. Post the price on the car. Sell it for that price. Make the experience quick and painless.

I won't be going back to the Dodge dealer, and the Mitsubishi dealer has gone out of business.

Update December 2010: I just noticed that the picture had been replaced by the source website by something obnoxious/different/not relevant. Here I was giving them a free link and they treat me like that. Phooey on the them, so now we have the stolen picture and no link to the originator, if they even were the originator. They probably stole it from someone else, or maybe their site was hacked. The address displayed on the replacement was the not the one I originally linked to. Dag nab whippersnappers anyhoo.

Update October 2016 replaced missing picture.

No comments: