Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Hunter-Lecturer

From Other Pictures


Meta-Problems

My brother Andy sent me this picture. It arrived in my email with a file name of "noname" and no file name extension. I took a guess that it was a picture (it's 53 KB) and gave it at extension of JPG. Windows Picture and Fax Viewer had no problem, it displayed the image right off. Let's try editing it so we can save it in a known format. MS-Paint won't open it. Try again with all the different file name extensions Paint supports: GIF, TIF, PNG & BMP. Okay, I didn't try ICON format. No matter what I called it, the results were all the same. Windows Picture Viewer would display the image, but Paint would not.

Well, leave it at GIF and let's see if we can get it into Blogger. Loading it as a file off my hard drive, Blogger shrinks it down to 400 pixels, which makes the text unreadable. Editing the html to set the picture size back to the original size does not help, it just blows up the shrunken image so the text is larger, but now it's blurry.

Fool around with several different methods, none of which work. Finally I upload it to Picasa and get the embed link from Picasa, put that in this post, and presto, we have a full scale image, which you might be able to read. I still don't know what format the image is stored in, but calling it a GIF worked.

No comments: