Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Not Honey


Went to Dove VB to celebrate John's birthday yesterday evening. It's a small, organic-ish pizza joint on East Glisan, which means it's on the other side of the Willamette River. We were downtown anyway to pick up Ross from the train station, so it was a short jaunt to the pizza place. I ordered a glass of ice tea and they brought me something that did not look at all like ice tea. It was totally opaque, like a fruit smoothie or something, but it tasted like tea, VERY strong tea. They also brought me some sugar which I applied liberally. The sugar cut the tea taste down to tolerable, but not enough to make it really sweet. Then another waitress brought me this bottle of Blue Agave Sweetener. It looks like honey, and it tastes like honey, but it pours a little easier. It is not quite as thick. Adding just a dollop to the tea made it really sweet.

The boys got pepperoni, the girls got spinach, and my wife and I ordered a special with ham. It was a little off-putting when it got to the table: it looked positively black, but it smelled good and it tasted fine, with just enough spice to make it interesting.

Update January 2017 replaced missing picture.

No comments: