Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Missed Connections

My drive from Columbus to Ft. Madison took me through Indianapolis, so I thought I would stop by and say hi to Tam & Roberta. We had exchanged some e-mails alluding to the possibility, but no definite plans had been made. I was vaguely thinking that they might be in the phone book, or I could find a computer on the net somewhere and we could connect. No such luck. It was not difficult to find the "Broad Ripple" neighborhood, but after that is was a complete bust. There are no pay phones anymore. Businesses have phone books, but only the yellow pages, no white pages. And everybody thinks that somebody else has a pay phone. You remember last week when Internet cafes were all the rage? Well they might be somewhere, but not in Broad Ripple. I knocked around for about an hour and then bailed. After I got back on the road to Ft. Madison I got to thinking that maybe a public library would have helped. If I could have found one. Oh, well, better luck next time. My trip was full up on crazy as it was. A little dose of sanity would only have confused me.

1 comment:

CGHill said...

Sometimes the logistics of these things are tricky.

On the other hand, I did manage to meet up with Tam in Knoxville before she moved to Indy. I can testify that she's (1) as smart as you'd think from reading her and (2) quite a bit prettier than she lets on.