Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Thursday, August 27, 2009

Rant of the Hour

A note I sent to Live Science, in reaction to one of their stories:

Your registration form is like an obstacle course. It didn't like the period in my user name, but there was no information telling me that, I had to deduce it from experimentation. Every time it rejected me, I had to re-entry almost all of the information, including the bot-detection phrase. I suspect that I am still not registered because I have not yet received my confirmation e-mail. All this hassle just to tell you I really dislike the opening sentence in "Man-Of-Steel Mentality Helps Guys Heal Faster"
(He doesn't ask for directions after repeatedly taking wrong turns, ...).
This is a common complaint of women, but that's what they like to do about problems: they like to talk about them, even if it doesn't get them a solution. I used to stop and ask for directions but I gave it up after running into too many people who had no idea where they were, much less where anything else is. I am tired of hearing people complaining about how men don't like to ask for directions. I don't ask for directions because it doesn't work and it takes time. You want to waste your time asking for directions, go for it, but don't continue to promote this fallacy that asking for directions is the logical thing to do, cause it ain't.

No comments: