Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Monday, September 21, 2009

Buda-Pest

Buda

Audrey Tautou in front of Buda Castle
So Jack & I stop in at Post Hip after lunch today, and I'm looking through the murder mysteries and I pick up Cobblestone by Peter Lengyet. There's a blurb on the back: "... until the story returns full circle to Buda and Pest." What!?!?! Is this some kind of joke? I've heard of Budapest, but I've never heard them referred to as separate cities. Jack assures me that is the case, kind of like Minneapolis-St.Paul. Two cities, on opposite sides of the river, one metropolitan area. Kind of like Portland-Vancouver, except nobody ever says that. Maybe because there are only two bridges across the Columbia in the metro area, and both of them are interstate highways.

Pest


Viviana Vasadi, Pest, Hungary
I did not find a map that showed the two cities as being separate entities, but I did find these two girls. Whether they reflect the character of their respective cities will take more research.

Update September 2016 replaced missing pictures, added captions.

No comments: