Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Friday, September 4, 2009

Google Bookmarks

I like & use Google Bookmarks (it's part of their toolbar package). I can use them on any machine anywhere. It's great. But. I cannot use them for Stu Savory's blog. The link to his blog goes to a lead-in page that immediately loads the current page of that blog, which Stu changes every month. So I can bookmark the current month's page, but I cannot bookmark the lead-in page. Trust Stu to be difficult, er, different.

There are only a couple of items on the toolbar that I use. I wish I could put those two items on the same line as the address bar and thereby reduce the number of toolbars by one, but that would take some monkeying around. It's probably just a couple of point-and-click's, but point at what? And click on what? Maybe someday when I am energized AND bored.

2 comments:

Stu said...

Creat a bookmark manually. The URL is http://www.savory.de/blog.htm

Alternatively, pick/put it from the URL in the identity block, below.

Stu

Chuck Pergiel said...

Firefox bookmarks can be edited which is how I created a bookmark for your blog. But there doesn't seem to be a way to edit a Google toolbar bookmark.

Identity block? I see no identity block.