Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

New Music

Whenever I go anywhere with my son in the car, he brings along his iPod and plugs it into the car stereo and I get to hear what he's listening to. That's how I found out about Black Rebel Motorcycle Club. Yesterday there was a song by A Place To Bury Strangers called Keep Slipping Away. I try to look it up on net and I find that it is from an album that hasn't been released yet. Hmmph. Once again the weakness of my pirate-fu is exposed. So how did John get a copy? From a friend? How did he get a copy? Unknown. Maybe the song was accidentally leaked? Naw, who would want to generate buzz before an album's release date? That would be unethical, or brilliant, depending on where you stand on ethical dilemmas, er, marketing opportunities.

I thought I posted a video of these guys once before, but I can't find it now, especially since Blogger's search function has died.

3 comments:

Ole Phat Stu said...

I have a Metal music joke for you today Charles ;-)

CGHill said...

I got my one APTBS track ("To Fix the Gash in Your Head") from, of all places, nin.com; they were an opening act for Nine Inch Nails on an '08 tour, and Reznor sent download instructions for an EP of all the opening acts to everyone on the NIN mailing list.

Jody said...

Puts me in mind of my youth and the passion of a certain relationship...this band is hot!
Ah, youth--sputtering like a fire in the rain--no, that's not it--line from a poem by Robert Bly or Pablo Neruda or Hermann Hesse--one of them.
(The poem is called "Youth.")