Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Wake Up

I go to the car wash this morning. The car isn't that dirty, but the front wheels accumulate brake dust and they get kind of grungy looking. Next stop is the gas station. I see the attendant cleaning someone else's windshield. Now he's coming over to my car. I am hoping he is only coming to check on the gas, but no. Before I can stop him, he's cleaning my already spotless windshield. Probably leaving soap suds all over the side frames. I just hang my head and cry.

I stop at the grocery store to pick up a couple of things. I get to the checkout and there is only one cashier on duty and there are three or four people in line. Am I not living right or something? These are like the only people in the store and they have all managed to arrive at the checkout line just before me, even though they have probably been there for hours. Okay, I am putting a negative spin on the situation. Still, it's like the grocery store god hates me.

I am prepared to be patient, but the checker is not. She puts in a call and the manager comes trotting up to the front of the store and opens a second check-out line. That's one reason I like Hank's.

The total comes to $20.05. My pockets are empty except for the cash I got from the ATM. I'm getting ready to break a second $20 to cover the nickel when the guy behind me in line offers me a quarter. He has a whole handful of them. So maybe today is going to be alright after all.

No comments: