Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Saturday, October 17, 2009

Court Time

A guy I know had to go to court because his ex-wife was petitioning for an increase in child care payments. He was there all day long. Not just waiting, but in court with the court spending the whole time dealing with his case. And at the end there was no decision. That will come later.

I could not believe it. I can understand having a hearing, but I cannot understand it taking all day long for such a simple matter. Of course, I wasn't there, maybe it's not a simple matter. Or maybe they don't have much business in that court (it's in a small town), so they drag it out to fill out their day and let the lawyers collect a big enough check to keep them in beer and skittles till the next court case comes along next month. I don't know, it just sounds nuts to me.

No comments: