Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Memphis, Tennessee

I was reading Dustbury yesterday and he mentioned this song, so naturally I got a hankering to listen to it. Google turned up a bunch of videos of Chuck Berry performing this song, but they are mostly live recordings, and none of them have the particular tone I remember from the version that gets played on the radio. Is twang the word I'm looking for? Anyway, I think this one comes closest to having the sound I was looking for. After listening to so many different versions though, I'm not really sure.


Chuck Berry 'Memphis Tennessee' live 1965 hi-res remaster
Gazely Gaze

Update August 2015. I had a hard time finding the right tune because I had the wrong artist. What I wanted was the version by Johnny Rivers.
Update July 2022 replaced missing video.

No comments: