Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Saturday, November 14, 2009

Drug Policy Alliance Network

I think it is strange that I have never heard of the Drug Policy Alliance Network before. They claim to be "the nation's leading organization working to end the war on drugs." It might be because I have not been closely following the War On Drugs, but I don't think that's it. It might be because they are deliberately trying to keep a low profile, but I doubt that. It's like anybody who is in the news business will look for anything to write about besides this. Only crazy stuff gets in the news. Anything reasonable or rational is not newsworthy. I am sure politics is behind it all. Politics in this country is all about keeping the masses entertained/diverted with all kinds of nonsense (abortion, gay rights, gun control, etc.) while the movers and shakers are cooking up their backroom deals and dividing up the spoils. Anything that threatens to upset the applecart gets short shrift, and changing the drug laws would definitely upset the applecart.

No comments: