Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Saturday, December 5, 2009

Me Manly Man



Dutiful daughter and I hauled a Christmas tree home this afternoon/evening* in my truck. I cut the requisite inch off the base of the trunk with my chain saw. What a day! I got to use my pickup truck to haul something, AND I got to use my chain saw. I don't think I have hauled anything in my truck since last Christmas, and I am pretty sure I haven't used the saw either. The chain saw had leaked bar oil all over the shelf where it was sitting. Kind of makes me think it hasn't moved in a while. I was expecting it to be difficult, but follow the directions (6 squirts, 5 pulls, press the go button) and it fired right up. Died immediately, but a couple of repeats of the starting procedure got it running. I was surprised. One of these days I expect the gasoline to congeal in place and clog up the works, but it hasn't happened yet. We shall see how long it lasts. Nice to have equipment that works.

*It's pitch black and it's only 5:30PM.

Update November 2016 replaced missing picture.

No comments: