Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Friday, December 11, 2009

Tunnel Breakthrough


This is a road tunnel being built in England. The video isn't much, but I think the sound effects are awesome. At first I couldn't figure out what was making those noises, I wasn't even sure they were being made by whatever was doing the breaking. It sounded like something out of a science fiction film. Eventually they break out enough of the remaining barrier that you can see through to the other side. It appears that the machine is some kind of slow speed jackhammer mounted on the end of a backhoe. I've seen them around, but I don't think I've ever seen one in action. It's also interesting to see how closely the two halves of the tunnel align.

No comments: