Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Friday, January 15, 2010

Radio

I've been driving my son to school the last two weeks. Parking is atrocious the first two weeks of the term. For some reason, things settle down and it then becomes possible to find a parking space. At least I hope that's what happens.

John brings his iPod and we play it through my truck's stereo using one of those MP3-to-cassette adaptors. Once he left his iPod in the truck and I was able to listen to it on the way back. It was great, much better than listening to the radio. I am almost to the point of getting my own. Why are radio stations so terrible? I hear nothing over the air that sounds anything like the stuff my son has on his iPod. Is his taste so exotic that there is no market for it? Or are radio stations just so locked in some alternate reality that they cannot comprehend something different?

Anyway, I was on my way across town this afternoon, sans iPod, and I did not find anything on the FM dial that appealed to me, so I punched the button and tried AM. Here at 550 we have a couple of people talking about criminal websites (darkmarket.com for one), and the basic idea is trust. Now where I have heard that before? Oh, that's right, yesterday, right here on my very own blog.

In reply to that post Iowa Andy sent me a picture of his closet full of fake gold:

I am like so jealous dude!
Update January 2017 replaced missing picture.

No comments: