Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Monday, March 8, 2010

Poupée de cire, poupée de son

I'm reading The Tourist by Olen Steinhauer, a modern day tale of espionage, and he mentions this song, so I go look it up. It was a big hit in Europe in 1965. A nice light pop number sung by a pretty girl, but I don't go much for the orchestral music. I can see someone somewhat older than me who had heard it when they were a teenager having an affection for it, but someone younger? I don't think so, but then there is no accounting for taste. Lyrics here.

Poupée de cire, poupée de son is French for Doll of wax, doll of bran (or song). Poupée de son can mean either a doll stuffed with Bran, like a raggedy Ann, or singing doll, one with a string you pull.

No comments: