Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Monday, April 19, 2010

Mr. Domestic, Part 3


I stopped by the store to pick up some special light bulbs today. They had bulbs that looked similar but had two different watt ratings: 40 & 60. Which one have I got? I looked at the bulb. I looked all over. I couldn't find anything, so I picked 60. Everything else in the house is 60 Watts.





When I get home I get out my reading glasses and I finally notice the little crinkle marks in the metal base just below where it meets the glass bulb. I'll be durned, it does have the rating on it: 60 watts. The picture looks spliced because it is. I couldn't get a clear shot of the entire text in one, so I spliced two shots together.

I pay for the bulbs at the automatic checkout stand. I am almost ready to go and so I drop my sample in the bag, and I'll be durned if the machine doesn't notice. I mean I can barely detect the weight of the bulb in my hand. I'm thinking it only weighs a few grams, so when I get home, I weigh it. A whole ounce and a half. This day is just full of surprises.

Update February 2017 replaced missing pictures.


2 comments:

Ole Phat Stu said...

That's why we call it a 'light' ;-)

Chuck Pergiel said...

Har de har har. Har.
That's the dumbest joke I've heard all day, so why am I grinning like an idiot? Cheers, Dude.