Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Tune for the Day


Sons of the Pioneers -- Ghost Riders In the Sky

Snigs put up a post that mentioned a couple of old songs, which sent me to rooting around for this one. Haven't heard it in a long time.

I couldn't find the original Black Betty. There was one posted that was by Leadbelly, but it must have been recorded the day before he died. It was weak.

Update March 2017 add caption to video.

1 comment:

Snigglefrits said...

Actually, Black Betty was first recorded in the '30s.

I think the version we're all most used to hearing is the '77 version done by Ram Jam.

Spiderbait's version is pretty good too.

I love music and have the strangest collection. From Handel's Messiah to AC/DC to Trace Atkins to Sir-Mix-Alot...I've got a little of it all. :D