Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Friday, May 7, 2010

Misirlou


Dick Dale Misirlou

I'm out wandering around on the net and I stumble across Peter from Family Guy dancing to "Surfin' Bird" (Everybody knows that the bird is the word) by the Trashmen. I know the song, but I don't remember the Trashmen. What else did they do? Misirlou which I recognize from the first bar as being from one of Quentin's movies. At first I thought Kill Bill, but no, it's from Pulp Fiction. The song even has words, which were sung by Anna Vissi at the 2004 Olympics in Greece, which is fitting, because it's a Greek song. You need to turn the volume up to eleven for this song.

Update March 2019 added caption to video.

1 comment:

CGHill said...

Steve Wahrer, alas, has departed this vale of tears. (There was a follow-up, "The Bird Dance Beat," which grazed the bottom of the Top 30.) A surf band from Minnesota is always worth noticing, I think.