Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Friday, June 4, 2010

Pink Cadillac

My wife and I watched Pink Cadillac with Clint Eastwood & Bernadette Peters this evening. It's basically a mash-up of the Dukes of Hazard and Every Which Way But Loose. Not a particularly good movie, but entertaining.

Clint was 59 when he made this movie in 1989. He turned 80 last Monday, Memorial Day. Fifty-nine years old and still playing tough guys. That's pretty good. Seems like half the obituaries I read these days are for people who are younger than I am. I remember seeing Clint moving an automobile engine across his yard in the opening of one his movies. That was pretty impressive. Reminds me of the time I picked my Triumph motorcycle off the ground. Ug, me tough guy. Of course that was 35 years ago and I was working construction then.

Someone in the movie says something about a pink Cadillac being a man's car, but in my mind that just doesn't jibe. To me pink Cadillacs mean Mary Kay Cosmetics. There's the song Pink Cadillac by Bruce Springsteen, that I really like, but it's not his car, it belongs to his girl, and he's ridin' in the back.

While I'm looking for a decent video of the song, I came across this one. It doesn't go all the way to the end, but I think it's pretty funny.

Update December 2010: WARNING! DANGER WILL ROBINSON! This video has been blocked by SONY. Bah.

I found another video of a car driving game with the Pink Cadillac song. It isn't funny, but it is entertaining, in car chase kind of way. This version of the song is by someone other than Bruce, I don't know who. The video is by Vf5rules1. I am making a note of this because I have no record of who created the one that was blocked, and I don't expect YouTube to tell me. Not on their list of things to do, you know.

Update August 2015: Last video also vanished, so I rooted around and found this one. The sound is poor and weak, and the video isn't very entertaining, but we do have a virtual pink Cadillac driving around town. They manage not to run into anything for most of the video.


Pink Cadillac

2 comments:

姚俞妃 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Snigglefrits said...

Le sigh. Clint will forever be my favorite actor, even if Pink Cadillac was as silly as Barney & Friends. ;-)