Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Wazzup?

Why haven't I posted anything this week? Am I in a funk? Or am I just like totally relaxed? Monday we drove down to Eugene to see my eldest son graduate from the University of Oregon with a degree in Philosophy. Last week was finals week for my two boys. This week was the last week of work for my wife before summer vacation (she teaches in an elementary school). Dutiful daughter finished the papers that were due to Portland State. Tuesday the girls leave for a two week tour of the Ukraine with Grandma.

I managed to start reading about quantum mechanics, entanglement and Bell's theorem. Can't say as I am impressed with any of it. So far it sounds like a bunch of wise guys twisting numbers around to make them come out the way they want.

There are more ads showing up on Craigslist these days. I don't think I am going to bother with employment agencies anymore. They stir up the pot and generate a lot of noise, but I haven't seen anything of substance come out of them.

So that's whats going on. What is my son going to do with his degree? That's a good question. The point is he made his mother and his grandparents happy - he did what he was supposed to: he graduated from high school and then went to college for four years and got an undergraduate degree. Now he can take a breather and look around at the world. He'll figure it out eventually.

No comments: