Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Yosemite Firefall

Steve sent me some of these pictures. I thought they were pretty cool. I was just going to post them, but the explanation that he sent got scrambled by the email demons, so I thought I would see if I could find one that wasn't. The explanation Steve sent claimed these pictures are of a waterfall that catches the light from the setting sun and it makes it look like it's on fire. But the first explanation I find on Google claims the Yosemite Firefall was an old tradition of pushing a burning bonfire off the top of a high cliff. OK, guys, somebody is being funny.

A little more checking reveals that both stories are true. The first half dozen pictures are of the Horsetail waterfall illuminated by the setting sun and last few are of the remains of the bonfire falling down the face of a cliff. Two different events, two different locations, but both in Yosemite.

No comments: