Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

TSA Nakedizer

There's a lot of flak in the blog-o-sphere these days about the new, improved, TSA security screening protocol, at least in the small corner of it where I while away my days. Since my brain has received so much input on the subject, I had to come up with logical explanation for it, and I have!

Used to be before deregulation air travel was expensive and therefor naturally restricted to the upper classes. Someone wants a return to those days, and if they have to destroy the airline industry to do it, well, all and good. This TSA thing is just the first step. After the airline industry has collapsed, they will bring back regulation, prices will jump four-fold, and the only people who will travel by air will be those rich enough.

That's not really a very good theory, is it? I mean 80% of the population are sheeple and think the nakedizer is a fine idea. I wonder if 80% of air travelers think it's a good idea. What percentage of the population travels by air every year? Half? 10%? I suspect 1% of the population accounts for 50% of the travel. Hard to find numbers that give any kind of accurate picture.

No comments: