Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Dexter - Awkward Moments

My daughter has been telling my wife & I that we really should try watching Dexter and last night we finally gave it a shot. It's yet another crime drama. The special twist is that several of the characters have blatant psychological problems, including Dexter.

We started with the Pilot episode which is a few years old. The awkward part came when Dexter's foster sister, whose special problem is that she is not very assertive, tries to suggest an idea at an all hands meeting. The way she does it is so weak it's embarrassing. It was so embarrassing I had to get up and leave the room. My wife on the other hand, wasn't fazed in the least. Dangerous daughter tells me she feels the same way as I do. My wife doesn't understand why it bothers me so much. I'm not sure I do either.

This has happened to me on more than one occasion, but this is the first time that I have been able to pin down just what was going on that disturbed me.

Technirati: We don't have a subscription to Showtime, and I'm not sure that would allow you to watch an old episode like this. We watched it on my computer off of some internet site, megareel or sideview or something. Each time I try this it seems I end up on a different one.

No comments: