Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Quote of the Day

My in-laws gave me a book for Christmas: The Man Who Invented The Computer by Jane Smiley. The first sentence of the blurb on the back cover is out of this world:
"The story of how the computer on my desk got to me is one of the most peculiar tales of the twentieth century, and it demonstrates many tropes often considered merely, literary - peripeteia (a sudden reversal in the plot), hamartia (an error in judgement or a mistake), anagnorisis (unexpected recognition), catharsis (strong feelings) , as well as as significant amounts of tragedy, terror, and pathos, and even some comedy."
I've got the feeling I am going to be making good use of Merriam-Websters pronunciation examples.

No comments: