Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Quote of the Day

In fact, the whole episode suggests to me that too many BMW drivers might be just as shallow as everyone says, the kind of guys who drive around with their foglights switched on just to remind you that they have foglights and you don't.- Michael Jordan from Inside Line.

And just when I was at the point of forgiving these numbskulls because I figured it was probably some federal regulation that caused the fog lights to come on whenever the headlights are on. And I'm not sure it's fog lights we are talking about, I think we're talking about driving lights. To my mind fog lights are useless bumper decorations. I have them on my truck. I would rather have them than not, because if you don't have fog lights, you have two gray plastic recesses in your bumper where they should go and it is obvious that you don't have the lights that are supposed to go there. But I never use them. I have tried them a few times and I have been unable to discern any benefit, either on clear nights or when it is very foggy. Driving lights are another matter. To my mind driving lights are very bright, very focused lights that reach out farther than your normal headlights, good for driving at high speed at night. If I was doing lots of night time travel on back roads, I would replace the fog lights with driving lights. Driving lights are the ones the numbskulls are blinding you with when they are driving around town to show how cool they are.

Via Tam, who drives a Beemer, and is a very cool person.

No comments: