Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Friday, April 29, 2011

Letter to the ACLU

Just An Earth Bound Misfit put up a post about "those hate-filled lunatics of the Westboro Baptist Church", which sent me wandering off in search of the origin of the referenced story. Never did find it, but my browser is a little crippled these days due to an attack by the evil effing WindowsFixDisk malware. All of which prompted me to drop a line to the ACLU. Since I wrote it, it must be wonderful, so I thought I would share.
In theory I support the ACLU (American Civil Liberties Union)*, which is why I was a little perturbed to find a story about the WBC (Westboro Baptist Church) on www.stoptheaclu.com. A quick look at your site shows several articles that apparently support the WBC.

If the WBC really believed in what they were saying, it would be one thing, but they are not. They are gaming the system.

Near as I can tell, this bunch of troglodytes are in it for the money. They stage these protests hoping someone will attack them and "violate their civil rights", where upon they turn around and sue. They have done this before and made a bunch of money, so they continue the practice, hoping for more money.

*In practice I don't send you any more money because it seems that all my money is spent sending me more requests for money. Also, I'm unemployed, which is why I have time to harass you about this.

Could it be that the WBC has made a big contribution to the ACLU and this is why you are supporting them?

2 comments:

LreeAnn said...

ACLU is one of my favorite targets for irritated letter-writing, since I get a piece of begging mail from them about once a week. I once suggested they just stop junkmailing for a month, take the money saved and fund themselves with that. Should cover about another half-year.
Surprisingly, no one wrote back.
Until the garbage-filler next month.

شركة معمار المرشدى said...

شركة مكافحة حشرات بالقصيم
شركة تنظيف فلل بالقصيم
شركة تعقيم بالقصيم