Intel's Ronler Acres Plant

Silicon Forest
If the type is too small, Ctrl+ is your friend

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Company's Comin'

My wife looks out the window today and notices our old Christmas tree lying at the edge of the dismal swamp. When I dumped it there back in January it was the greenest thing there. Now the swamp is full-tilt green and the ol' Christmas tree, well, it's kinda orange, like a sore thumb. We might be getting company this summer, and sweetie pie decides something needs to be done about this eye-sore. So I take my hand clippers and start cutting it down to size and, lo and behold! What do I find?


Bird's nest with two eggs. Apparently abandoned, no mama bird in evidence, near or far. Surprised the 'coons didn't get them, they were only a foot or two from the ground. The nest was in the middle of the tree, so maybe that made it too much work. I surprised a 'coon in front of the house today. He high tailed it around the corner, quick as his fat little butt could waddle.

Update: I just corrected a bunch of typos. I can't believe how many errors I made in the original.
Seven months later: I just found another typo. Will I ever learn to type?
Update February 2017 replaced missing picture.

No comments: